Saturday, July 24, 2010

Texas Veteran's Land Board Bid

My how time flies! Several weeks ago we submitted a bid for 10 acres in Milam County that the Texas Veteran's Land Board re-possessed from a non-performing VLB loan. Only Veterans are eligible to bid and I've been on the lookout for a piece of land worth bidding on for several years. (And waiting for sufficient budget for the down payment and closing costs.)

After my wife and I looked over the land we knew it met our needs. About 1/3 native pasture, and 2/3rds woods with "wet weather" creeks. So we talked it over and decided to bid on the tract. We went over a bit to be sure to win, and on April 27th they read the bids at the TVLB offices, which I attended since we live just outside Austin. I anxiously listened as our bid came up and as each envelope was opened and bid read, sweated that someone would outbid us. But ours was the only bid so we won by default.

So this week, Tuesday, we will close on the land and it will be officially ours (and TVLB on the loan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment