Thursday, August 1, 2013

Less Than 2 Hour Folding Table for Weide

Folding Table - Timestamp 8:30 p.m.
For the last few months I've mulled over a solution for a simple table to use on Die Gruene Weide - most especially for cooking around the firepit, but I also recognize that other locations like the bee hive would also be more easily workable with a simple table. Monday evening I saw youtube video with a perfect Weide table - a simple folding table of pine. I also recognized I could build it pretty quickly because the design was pretty straight forward.

So last night I bought the wood and tonight I built the table. I took pictures during the build and annotated the timestamps in the comments. From 6:11 p.m. to 8:24 - with a break to eat a delicious dinner of Jägerschnitzel und Bratkartoffeln in between. Perhaps an hour and a half from start to finish to build a portable, functional table for use on Die Manchmal Gruene Weide!


Pine Table Lumber - Timestamp 6:11 p.m.

Wood cut and drilled and assembly started (after dinner) timestamp 7:59 p.m.

Assembly Completed - timestamp 8:24 p.m.
 I could have assembled it much faster if I hadn't left my cordless drill/driver in the shed at Die Weide. I used my dremel tool with a drill bit to pre-drill the screw holes, then I had to tediously hand screw the table together. Nice to know I still know how to use hand tools!
Table ready for use - timestamp 8:25 p.m.

Smiling Carpenter with table, timestamp 8:30 p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment