Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stalking Rabbits with Camera - of knowing and seeing.













This weekend I traveled alone to the land to explore - no real work planned. One thing I know from neighbors is that rabbits exist on Die Weide. Not only that, when I walk around the pasture and the many brush-pasture edges, I see signs of rabbits - droppings and paths and such. But to date, I've not seen a rabbit.

I arrived about an hour after sunrise, a bit late for rabbits, I know. Then I set out around the pasture at a very slow pace with my Digital Rebel XTi in hand. Three, four steps, and pause and look around. I know, from my farm living days, that I should look for the little black eyes. But I've not seen one yet. I wonder how long it will take for me to reconnect with nature in such a way that I see what I know to be there? What I know is that I will see my rabbits eventually. Then I will replace the camera with a 22lr will re-acquaint myself with Hasenpfeffer. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment