Monday, April 8, 2013

Another Spring Bloom Blog + Extras

Moth on Mesquite
In addition to gardening chores, Inge and I strolled Die Weide where I looked for new blooms and other critters to photograph. I brought my 70-200 zoom lens in hopes of capturing bird photos, but the foliage density prevented snapping the few birds I saw. However, above I snapped a moth sitting on mesquite tree.
Small Orange Bloom
 The search for new flowers turned up a few new blooms. I know from walking the land in years past that finding new blooms won't be difficult as different plants bloom in different seasons, though late summer blooms taper off - either from lateness of season or the drought we've suffered the last few years.
Another small yellow blossom - leaves interesting too.
Tiny White Blossoms
This blossom is so tiny, yet enough of them grow to be visible. Below I held my index finger next to the bloom for perspective.
Finger Tip Shows Bloom Size Perspective
Repeat Curly Edge Yellow Blossom - better focused image
Mushroom in Straw - cap about nickle diamater
Bristly Pre-Bloom
Yellow Blossom From Previous Pre-Bloom
Moth on Berry Bloom - Snapped with 70-200mm zoom lens
Small Blossoms on Tall Stem
Yellow Blossom - opened further than last week.
Smaller Bristly Pre-Bloom
Spider Nest(?) surrounds tree limb

No comments:

Post a Comment