Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pink Collar Deer Revisited

Doe with Pink Collar taken around July 2011
Back on July 24th, 2011 I posted a blog entry about deer tales and at the bottom of the blog I posted this trail cam photo of a deer that wears a pink collar. Today I saw our neighbor, Mike, and told him that I had a photo of the collared deer. Since I posted this photo some time ago, I figured to update the blog as I have captured a subsequent better photo of the deer and its collar.
Trail Cam Photo of Pink Collared Deer Taken Nov 2012 (Battery change reset date)

Finding places to place the trail cam where the donkey isn't the main object is hard because Herbert, the donkey, walks everywhere! But I found a tight little trail by one of the creeks that Herbie hadn't been down and placed the cam there in November, 2012 where I caught several doe pictures and caught another snap of the pink collared deer. Below I blew up the image to show the collar better.
Collared Deer Zoomed and Cropped. Black skull image and steel ring visible.
The photo below is as zoomed as I can get it with iPhoto. The doe's head is down browsing and her ear stands vertical above the head to the right of the pink splash. Her foreleg bisects the collar in the photo. To the right of her leg you can see the pink and black skull and crossbones symbol. To the left of her leg you can see the steel ring which looks like a key ring.
Pink collar zoomed as far as iPhoto will go.
As interesting as the pink collared deer is, these trail cam buck images caught my eye too. I've got some snaps of spikes and one with a forward bent semi-spike antler. But this cam shot shows a nicely built buck with a good quality rack. The photo was taken fall 2011. I've got another snap of him that didn't come out clear. He's really wary of the trail cam too.
Biggest Buck Yet


Biggest Buck Yet - full body zoom
Biggest Buck Yet - antler head & shoulders zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment