Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bluebonnet Patch Bloom Progression (updated weekly)

First Bluebonnet Bloom in Patch March 10th 2013
 Die Mahmal Greune Weide is indeed green this spring, even with less rain than usual. I realized today that I had taken photos of a prominent Bluebonnet patch on the land three weeks running. So I thought I'd post the photos of the Bluebonnet Bloom progression. Above, on March 10th there are only a couple of blooms present.
Sporadic Bluebonnet Blooms March 17th 2013
 One week later (March 17th), the plot thickens but we still don't have a clue how thick it will get.
Bluebonnets Mostly in Bloom March 25th 2013
March 25tt the blooms presented themselves in the blue carpet typical of Texas spring.
New! Bluebonnet Patch Easter Sunday, March 31st 2013
March 31st, a rainy day! And the bluebonnets continue to thicken in the patch. I have never seen this patch so thick with blooms and the rain we had this day I hope even more blooms appear. (Hopefully the forecast of more rain comes true too.) I suspect though that this is nearly the peak bloom for this patch.
Bluebonnet Patch April 7th 2013


Posing in Field of Blue
And I couldn't resist posing with the flowers (March 21st photo). And now we have an Inge and Penny photo too!
Inge and Penny in Field of Bluebonnets - April 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment