Sunday, March 10, 2013

First Bluebonnet of Spring

First Gruene Weide Bluebonnet of 2013
Today we spent a quiet weekend at Gruene Weide as it had rained eight-tenths of an inch the night before excusing us from watering the orchard and garden. Almost all the trees  in the orchard have budded out and a lot of the Elm trees in the wood began dressing in green too. I don't recall seeing any green trees last week.

We chopped brambles in the woods again today, though Inge chopped a lot more than me. My energy levels have ebbed after my travels so I took it slow. As we departed we took the south trail out and there in the bluebonnet patch I mentioned last week peeked the first bloom leading the way to what looks like will be at least one thick patch of flowers in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment